Oily hair is a nightmare for many of our patients. They are not only an aesthetic defect, but can also be a symptom of various diseases, of e.g. the thyroid gland.
The most common causes of oily hair are:
- excessive work of the sebaceous glands
- inadequate care
- washing hair at too high a temperature
- winter-autumn period, when we wear headwear
- excessive amount of dead epidermis and sebum on the scalp
- SCAI – often accompanies the first symptoms of baldness
Itching and headaches are often associated with oily hair. In case of long-term sebaceous gland disorder we also observe excessive hair loss.
The key to preventing hair from becoming oily is a thorough cleansing of the scalp, as well as restoring the sebaceous glands to work properly. Many of our patients report a significant improvement after this type of treatment, and an additional benefit is the fact that the hair can be styled better and is stronger.